For drying logs
we use vacuum infrared drying technology. New generation vacuum infrared dryer is environmentally friendly, runs on electricity and excludes any emissions of pollutants in the atmosphere. This technology is unique for Belarus and we use it since 2010.
Creating ompital conditions of a drying process in an infrared camera speed up the process of water expulsion through capillars from its internal part to external surface, where water is extracting till final necessary level of wood humidity will be reached. Humidity gradient, which is necessary between the environment and the material is stored by capacitor, which regulates the humidity inside the drying chamber. Condensed water is removed from the dryer after the drying process, before the opening of the loading hatch of drying chamber.
Infrared vacuum drying chamber is mostly effective for drying of large sizes of lumber, as well as hard and exotic woods. The quality dried lumber comes out much more better than using convectional-air dryers.
Infrared vacuum drying chamber has the following advantages: The speed of drying
- as a result of the drying process without air in vacuum and at low temperatures, that gives a very good indicator of reducing the wood humidity content in a drying hour. The quality of drying
- there are no cracks, no strain, no color changes, low internal stresses in the dried material, continued internal structure of the dried material. Drying facilities
- materials of great thickness and maximum humidity content, as in the form of half-timber and the cylinder beams, as well, with a special manufacture of the dryer, and simple dressed logs. Benefits of dry logs, timber and lumber drying technology, humidity 9 - 15%:
1. minimal shrinkage of the wooden buildings
- up to 2.5% - 3% over a period of 4 - 5 months, in contrast to the natural humidity shrinkage of materials that can be 5% in the period from 4 to 12 months.
2. minimum number of cracks that appear directly in the drying chamber and does not grow or become deformed in the future, so the properties of wood are predictable.